His birthday was last Monday. A lot of my family was here on Sunday where we had dinner and a lil party for him. I wanted to try and pull of a surprise party on Monday night with some of his closest friends that were still around this area. I really thought he would somehow catch on or find out. I think he's like me in the sense where he likes surprises but if he can find out what it is, he will.
Well, he didnt:) I told him I was going to take him out to dinner for his birthday but we had to go at a certain time because he had a ball game that night. I was going to have everyone upstairs waiting while he was downstairs getting ready. Well right when I got home he was upstairs with my dad helping him put together my parents entertainment center. So I told him not to go downstairs until the last minute to grab his stuff, because my mom and I were going to get a "surprise" ready for him when we came back from dinner. I had my mom put a note on the front door for everyone to go downstairs and wait. 6:00 rolls around and they're still busily putting together the center. 6:15, everyone was downstairs ready. You could hear everyone and I thought for sure he knew what was coming. He still didn't. at 6:25 I was trying to coax him to hurry because we had to be to dinner, and everyone was getting ansty downstairs. He knew something was up because I wasn't as persistent as normal when we need to leave somewhere and he's not in the same rush as me. He's NEVER in a rush, just takes his time. He asks, "Are you throwing a surprise party?" Of course I immediately say No. He bought it:) So when my dad finally gets him to stop and go get his stuff.. he tells ME to go get his stuff. Soon enough I persuaded him to just grab it and "SURPRISE"!!!
Here's a picture of everyone who came, minus his good friend Matt McDonald who left a little earlier.
I love my Seth. He's a good hubby and does everything he can to make and keep me happy even though I know I look past it when I'm "irritated". He still loves me and calls me his pretty:) He's a hard worker and super motivated to do what he sets his mind to. I can't wait to see him with our little man that's coming in 28 days!!! He's gonna be an awesome daddy. LOVE YOU TONS HUNNY BUNS

Happy Birthday SETH!!!!! Good Job Janica, surprises are always fun!!!
ReplyDeleteWow -- Jan, you are getting so close! How do you feel? you excited or nervous? I still want to see pics of the baby room! So yes, I can still fit into my jeans (but I use a rubber band to hold them together) ... but I am gaining a lot of weight -- I want it to stop! I think I am about 30 ish LBS right now. How much have you gained so far? Did it ever slow up in the third trimester or did you gain more?
ReplyDeleteWell I am soo excited for you guys~ your baby will be so cute. I can't wait to see all the pics and hear about the delivery story. :) still don't know what I am doing with that (induction/epidural etc. ) gotta talk to my dr. and see what she thinks is best. hope to hear from you soon!
You are so cute Janica! Hope you guys had a great day. I cant believe the baby is coming so soon! That's so great, you are going to be the cutest lil mommy.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Seth! This story kind of reminds me of a similar enagement story. Maybe you guys shouldn't surprise eachother. lol Anyway, I was also going to comment on the no sleep. I thought it was funny that one preson just went to the comments to look for suggestions because that was my thinking. I have a TERRIBLE back and it bothers me A LOT during my pregnancies. With Allie I slept on the floor with a thin foam pad. Everything else was too soft. Brandon was kind enough to sleep down there with me. The others Brandon bought me one of those heat things that you plug in and I would use that every night because that was the only thing that would relieve the ache. Also, Brandon rubbing my back definantly helped. Hope you have found something that is working.
ReplyDelete