Warren Jay Ellsworth was born November 23rd @ 7:16 AM by an emergency C-Section. His heart rate dropped suddenly a second time and could not be recovered until a few minutes after his birth in which he was not breathing. He is now at Primary Childrens. Nothing was found wrong in his ultrasound today!!!(as far as brain damage goes) and they will take an MRI on Sat morning to make sure everything is definitely okay. It's been a long & emotionally draining journey. We have been blessed to have both my parents here with us and Seth's parents flew in too when they found out. We're just happy to have our little boy alive, let alone completely normal so far. They still don't know what caused his heart rate to suddenly drop from 140 to 50.Nothing was wrong with the cord or with my placenta. We feel so blessed to have him, and for all our friends and family who has kept him in their thoughts and prayers. We love you all and are so grateful for you!! Seth is in the process of writing out the story. There were so many little miracles along the way that helped in having him alive. The nurses were all amazed that he lived.
(But if Seth takes TOO long to write it, I may just try ;) )
I haven't been able to hold him yet, and saw him twice before they flew him out, but Seth has been able to go visit lil Warren. I will be able to hold and go see him on Thursday!!!! I've never been more excited:) So for now here's a few pics Seth got of our handsome boy.



there are no words! Congrats you guys...he is absolutely beautiful and definitely a miracle! hopefully you get to hold him soon! I can't imagine...my goodness I am so glad to hear that everything is okay!
ReplyDeleteJanica you are the woman! I can only imagine how emotionally draining the past few days have been -- but you are so strong! Hope you get to hold him and see him soon! love ya!
ReplyDeleteHe's here! I can't believe you haven't been able to hold him yet. You must be aching for that. I am so glad that all is well with your little guy. It must have been terrifying to be rushed into an emergency c section. Seriously, I am so relieved and happy for you guys! Yay! Congrats. He is beautiful!
ReplyDeletelove Carrie and Russ
Janica and Seth and Warren, How grateful we are that Baby W is doing so well. One thing we have learned about trials, there is no way to get closer to the Lord then going through a trial. We are so happy for you and have felt every joy and sadness with you. I almost feel like you are my daughter Janica, because of your name and as we have included you in our prayers and fasting. We love you!!
ReplyDeleteJanica, I hope you don't mind that I check in on you from time to time:). What a scary thing to go through. I was so happy to hear that things are going in the right direction with your little guy. Can't wait for you to be able to hold him and kiss him, that is such an amazing and unforgettable moment! Hope you are doing well also, you're in our prayers!
ReplyDelete-Jande
Janica and Seth I am so grateful you have experience a modern day miracle. The first time you get to hold your baby especially have they rush them away is unforgettable. I think the one thing I wanted to hear so badly was my baby's cry. I knew if she only cried that meant she was breathing on her own. Your'e lttle family are in our families thoughts and prayers. Congrats on this adorable little man!
ReplyDeleteWhat a handsome boy!! I'm so glad things are going so well! I don't really know what else to say except I love you and we're praying for you!! We hope things just keep getting better!
ReplyDeleteWe are happy to hear all is turning out well. I'm excited for you to finally be able to hold him, it will be a precious moment for sure.
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, I am so happy you are all well! And hey, CONGRATULATION!!! A big welcome to baby Warren (from the pics he looks like a good sized babe)!
ReplyDeleteJanica you are going to be such an amazing mom! I can already hear the "motherly tone" in your writing! he is a beautiful boy! and primary childrens is truly amazing they will take good care of him!!
ReplyDeleteoh, he is darling! congrats! what a crazy start, i am glad that he is doing well. I'll keep you in my prayers too!
ReplyDelete