Sunday, January 9, 2011

day 5- somewhere i've been

a picture of somewhere you've been.

I couldn't choose just ONE picture of this AMAZING place that I have been. 
Just looking through my facebook albums of this particular place pulled at my heart strings.
I have to give you a little preface to this place.

I'm a home-body. I was excited to go to college, but once I got there, unpacked and my parents drove away, I cried. 
I cried e.v.e.r.y night for the first week. haha.  I was homesick to say the least and went home as often as possible probably every two weeks. No joke and it's a 10 hour drive. 

So when I mentioned to my parents I wanted to go to this place for 4 MONTHS, my dad laughed at me. He said there was no way I would be able to be on the other side of the world and survive 4 months without my family. 

Well, I went and I loved EVERY MINUTE. Ok I did get pretty homesick whenever I had the chance to skype with my family. I miss my little kids that I taught. I miss the scenery. I miss the girls that I lived/taught/traveled with. It changed my life and was exactly what I needed at that time in my life. I so hope to go back someday.....

I went to Ningbo, China to teach English to chinese students for service. We were able to travel around a bunch. Here are a few pictures of my favorite places.

(I stole these off my facebook albums so they may be kinda pixely) 
I don't remember the name of this place



Little town of Wu Tai Shan, my fav place w/ our group of awesome chicas

Wu Tui Shan

The Great Wall of China
Great Wall

Yanshou/Guilin

Yangshou/Guilin


4 comments:

  1. AW! Love it! Too bad I was HIDEOUS in China, but I don't think any of us really tried too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! What a cool experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first picture.....the memories....we were crazy!

    Thanks for posting the pics and bringing back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adventure! I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by :)