Sunday, December 5, 2010

day 1- a recent picture and 15 interesting facts



I don't have any recent pictures that are very flattering, so this will have to do:) I cropped it out of a group picture over from over Thanksgiving Break in which I set the camera up on timer and ran into the picture. haha.  
This 15 interesting facts business is always hard to do. Like when you go to classes for the first time and they tell you to think of 1 interesting fact about yourself...bah... lets see what I can come up with off the top of my head.

1. I CAN'T STAND the sound of hands sliding down metal railings, the ones that aren't smooth metal but they look a little lighter coloring/stainless stealish type. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

2. I've had the same toe ring for 5 or 6 years and haven't taken it off once. Oh just kidding, I took it off once for 1 hour.

3. I love painting (mainly oil) and drawing. I took two hours of art back to back in high school so that I could drop math my junior year. ( :P ) I wanted to major in visual arts, but never got a portfolio ready. So I majored in PE Teaching/Coaching. 

4. I went through modeling classes my junior year of college...

5. I absolutely LOVE Andes Mints and would be happy if that was the only sweet thing I ate for the rest of my life.

6. I can now successfully shoot a 3-pointer and set shot:) In high school I only ever shot jump shots and my range was only a little behind the charity stripe extended. 

7. I love traveling. I always have. I wish I could travel the world and take photographs of it all. I have had the opportunity to travel a lot already. Places I've been: States- Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, California, Arizona, Nevada, Illinois, Missouri, Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Hawaii (Oahu & Maui) Outside of USA- Mazatlan, Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Canada, England, France, Switzerland, Holland, Germany, & China. And oh the list of places I want to go!!! (kinda stole this fact idea from shanae.. ;) thanks sis. but i really DO love to travel.

8. I've had allergies and asthma since I was 4 years old. 

9. In high school I played soccer (midfield and shootout goalie)((State Champs my Sr year, woot woot ;) ))  basketball (4 or 5) track (100m hurdles, high jump, long jump, shot put(only to get points for our team ;) ), 4x1, 4x2, 4x4 & 300 hurdles once- coach made me run them and I did not want to AT ALL, I told him if I fell he had to promise I would never run them again...I fell the very last hurdle.....)

10. I LOVE crime scene investigation TV shows or movies. I wanted to be a forensic scientist when I was little. 

11. I've played the piano since I was five and played the flute for about 4ish years. 

12. I own about 25-30 pairs of basketball shorts. You know how some girls are attracted to shoes, some jewelry when out shopping? Mine was basketball shorts in high school and college.

13. I kind of have speech problems. I used to say things backwards ALL the time. (I'm becoming healed of that though) Like I would switch the first letter of two words when talking and not even notice it. Made for some pretty embarrassing moments sometimes :) (One time years ago said in front of a boy I had a huge crush on "boy those would sure be a (tight fit)" I'll let you do the exchanging of letters for the words in parenthesis ;) 

14. I really like to put things together and be crafty. I don't do it often though. 

15. I can still do a backflip on the ground. Shanae, my older sis, taught me when I was in 3rd grade and I took a few gymnastics classes along the way. If I didn't love sports so much, I would continued with dance or gymnastics. (I did tap and jazz from 5 years old up until 5th grade)

That was kind of fun:)


3 comments:

  1. I never knew all that about you. You're so well-rounded. And I like the bangs on you. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, super fun to read. You are a very interesting person. I dont know if mine would be that good... plus I have three months to catch up on with my blog. but such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fun to read, I learned things about you that I didn't know! We are so glad you are in our family!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by :)