Saturday, September 12, 2009

in my spare time

This may be known to none, besides my husband. Why? because I only started doing this about 2 months ago.

I LOVE browsing recipe blogs and recipe sites. AND I'm spilling the beans...I actually REALLY enjoy cooking. I never thought I would, I never really cooked meals in college, just threw random things together. But ever since about 2 months ago I have tried to make a meal every night. Of course I haven't done it every night since, (who's THAT perfect? ;) ) but I have tried new recipes every time I have cooked since. Okay twice I have used repeat recipes.

I used to tell Seth that I did NOT like cooking and was almost going crazy that I had to do it for the rest of my life, until I realized I was lying to myself when I found I would look through blogs to find new things to try and cook and I LOVE IT, the cooking and all! Sometimes I even look forward to getting off work, so I can start cooking ;) (so maybe that's a little bit of a lie)

My favorite blog so far is www.favfamilyrecipes.com

Got any favorite recipes?? Send 'em my way;)

11 comments:

  1. Hey, I love to cook too!! I never thought I would either, but I love it. Nate got me a new recipe book called, America's Most Wanted Recipes...I read it before I got to sleep. I love it. Anyway, I thought I would join in the love of cooking. How are you doing? How is the little bun in the oven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE!!! Lucky Seth. I use to like to cook pre-children and when the little ones were younger, now it is so hard to get anything cooked with them at my feet, needing something. It is fun though when you try new things all the time. MIX IT UP!!! GOOD JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to cook when I have all the things I need & when I know the people I'm cooking for will appreciate it. It's tough when you have a house full of kids, including your husband who all have different taste buds & you can't ever please everyone with any certain meal. That's the frustrating part, along with all the mess & cleanup that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention that I'm so proud of you for having fun with cooking & trying new things...& you are definitely lucky that Seth will eat anything. That's a HUGE benefit, when it comes to trying out new recipes! HAPPY COOKING!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, this is great. i can't wait to get married and start liking to cook meals. i just am looking forward to having a kitchen and some food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing the link...they do have some great recipes! I'm going to try one this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM YUM YUM! I checked out your recommended site... I will have to use some of those yummy recipes!

    All I can say it that it is fun to cook. I wish I was better, but practice does make perfect right?! Trial & error. I love watching the Food Network cause they just inspire me!

    That site, Fav Family Recipes, has fab sites that I like... I LOVE bakerella, of course that's for the sweet tooth mostly! But has the Shiznae told you about our recipe blog?

    skinnyjeans.blogspot.com! Check it out! ;> There are a few of our favorites. Try the meatloaf... most people turn up their noses to the word, but everyone who tried this recipes loved it... especially the hubbies. We should title it Loaf de Meat! haha

    I can't believe you are so far along! Sorry, I need to add you to my blog roll! You have a super cute blog. Fun lime green. OK longest comment ever. xoxox HiLL thanks for checkin in on my blog! We did have fun! Your sis it a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cooking too! I wish we lived closer so we could have fun making new meals. Be sure to tell me your fav's. I'm completely loving Baked Salmon right now, delish!!
    And... your wish is my command, I've posted pics of the house. Miss you and LOVE you!
    YAY for having a baby! OOOH your just so cute pregnant i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your so sweet, thank you, we like it too. lucky for me most of the stuff my hubby had before we got married, ironically we have the same taste in decor.!
    I love your kitchen and living room you posted! That green and brown looks so good, I'm a huge fan of green and it really looks like your style! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Janica,

    I am so happy that you love to cook! I have never been known to be very good at it. So the good news about that for you is that I doubt you will ever hear Seth complain that your food doesn't taste like his mother's, cause that would be a good thing! Kudo's to you Love you and here's a great pat on the back. XO Mom E

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by :)