Tuesday, March 1, 2011

film

I just purchased my first Film camera. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I've juggled around the idea of shooting film for a while now, but only to myself. I love the look of film. I just didn't think I could ever do it. It seemed to hard, time consuming... etc. etc. So I didn't do much research, I just drooled over film photographers work.

I'm not doing it because it's the "cool" and "different" thing to do. I'm trying it out because even after the THOUSANDS of hours I've edited my digital images, I still am not completely satisfied with the way they look. There's something missing to me and I can't figure it out. But I think shooting film will give me that answer. (I'm pretty sure it will) So I'm gonna give it a go just to see how I like it and if it will help me do what I want with photography.

After researching and learning all about it, I'm excited to cut out all those hours of editing. (Remember how I thought it would take more time and be harder? Well it actually cuts out almost ALL of your post processing) ((That is, if I can get it right in-camera))  =) 

I love how tangible film images look. Sometimes I feel I could just jump right into the photo. There is so much depth and richness.

I tried to show Seth what I was meaning and he didn't get it, just told me only a trained eye may notice the differences between digital and film. I begged to differ. One of these days I'm going to take the same image with film and digital and then I'll show you what I mean ;)

Here's to a new adventure... I can't wait!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I totally understand (on both the beauty of film and the hours of editing!) Have you seen anything from Jonathan Canlas? He is a wonderful film photographer and does workshops and publishes a manual on shooting film. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Good luck on your new adventure, I am excited to see how you like it;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. erica- ya i have! he was one of the first i started following and bought his manual too:) maybe ONE day i'll be able to afford his workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exciting. Film is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by :)