Monday, March 14, 2011

there's a first for everything

K, you can't judge too harshly!! My VERY first roll of film, don't have a light meter (just went off the in-camera meter), and used cheapy  film from a pharmacy.

I've got to add a special shout out to Sharon Johnson Photography, who first got my mind reeling about trying out film. She was our wedding photographer, she started out digital and then made the switch to film. She had made a comment to me about how I would be good at film and should try it out. It was awesome coming from her, but I kind of pushed the idea to the back of my mind but would still stalk film photographers. Then again she sent me a link to Jonathan Canlas book he wrote on diving into film photography, (which is awesome BTW). I decided to give it a whirl and Sharon has been nothing short of AWESOME/AMAZING in helping me and answering all of my questions!!! She even sent me two rolls of her fav. film to try out =) She's just great and has the cutest lil fam ever. So thanks to Sharon & her work AND her inspiring me, I'm trying out something I didn't think I would ever take a second look at because it frightened me.  THANKS SHARON

With all of these, all I did to the photo was turn up the contrast a SMIDGE. Except for the palm tree, I didn't do anything to it.

These first ones are from Vegas. Warren sure does love his grandpa.

 

Practicing on people... my bro growing a stash for his work and warren mid "bunny face" I'll have to post a video of him doing it. SO CUTE.
 

I was looking for signs of spring. Found a few. (ok so technically there not all SIGNS of spring, but hey) ((I'm planning on doing a separate post on the trees blossoms)) I got a very awesome idea from a friend/photographer... whitney asay, documenting a certain tree as it blossoms into spring/summer:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! These look incredible! You are so good at photography!! This makes me want to try film! But of course I don't know what I'm doing either way! ;)
    I never thought there was a difference between film and digital when it comes to picture quality etc. This is really interesting to me! You'll have to keep posting about how things go with your new camera! You remind me that I really need to be developing my talents and interests! I think it's so great that your doing so much with your creativity! I so hope you can take family photos of us before too long!! I would love that! And maybe you can show me what all those terms mean on my camera so I don't completely botch all my pictures!! :)
    Your family is so cute!! I can't wait to see you again and get more time to catch up!!
    Loves! Xo

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by :)