My quest to loose the 'extra-ness' will begin with SWIMMING. i LOVE swimming. I took a swimming class at BYU for my major and LOVED it! It can do some serious toning and 'feel good' stuff to your body. My first time was on Saturday. Of course I knew I wouldn't be able to swim as far as I used to, but I didn't think it would kick my trash as much as it did. I was breathing heavy, wishing for my inhaler, the first warm-up 50!! haha. Tonight, my second go round begins.

(no, this is not me but I wish i had a swimming cap. )
But I wanna know from others out there, what's your fav ab work out? AND my lil sis and I were gifted with some extra love on the sides, I wanna know your fav for that too! Being an PE/Coaching major, I have some, but you get bored of the same ole same ole. So I want to know you're fav exercise or workout....

i am excited that you get to start working out again. i think i may still rip something open if I were to try now. sorry, don't got any exciting stomach miracles ... i always just did crunches or the push up/fore arm hold. good luck girly! p.s. i never heard back about if pumping works etc...
ReplyDeleteHere's a couple from my pilates cards!
ReplyDeleteDiamond Double Crunches:
Start laying down on your back with your lefs bent, knees open wide with bottom of feet touching. Place hands at side or under pelvis, or behind head like a crunch. Contract abs and curl hips off the mat, exhale and lift toward the ceiling (doesn't have to be a big movement). Lower back down slowly, controlling with the core. Can add a crunch with it, lifting head with legs.
Obliques X:
Lie on back, with arms and legs out, making an X. Reach one arm up with opposite leg. Keep opposite shoulder on mat. Touch hand to toes. Control arm and leg back down to mat. Repeat, reaching with opposite arm and leg.
Plank holds are always good too, and side planks.
Hope that helps!
-Lindsey
my favorite workout by far is Jillian Michaels "30 day shred" seriously got my tummy flat and toned everything, got me back to a size I never thought i would see again... and good luck, but of course i happen to believe that the "war scars" we recieve from bringing those little budles of joy are a badge of pride...
ReplyDeletezumba, water aerobics (which I teach at BYU), and there's a new "abs that rock" class too, through the aerobics program. Haven't tried zumba yet myself (although I SO want to) but my friend lost 30 lbs doing it!
ReplyDeleteSometimes for me it's hard leaving a post on your blog I don't know why. I have tried a few times and have be un-successful.
ReplyDeleteWell I wish I had all the tips. I just run a lot and try to lift weights. I did buy a Jillian Michaels DVD and I am excited to try it. They sell them at Costco for pretty cheap. I've heard good things about the 30 day shred.
I am glad to see you are doing well. What a sweet little one you have there. They are a bit of work aren't they:) You are such a sweet Mommy.
I loved your post on your hubby, it is so good to have such great hubbies!!
I hope you guys had a Merry Christmas!
I LOVE SWIMMING!! We could go together! It's my favorite, it's so good for you too!;) Good job!
ReplyDelete