Wednesday, July 15, 2009

.people watching.


I'm a people watcher. Always have been. I would LOVE to go to New York, sit in Times Square and just watch people. They're interesting. They do the funniest things. You catch them in their most awkward moments when they think no one is watching. The worst is when you get caught watching them. Then comes the awkward, 'shift your eyes FAST, turn your head as casually and quickly as possible to make it look like you were actually looking at someone/something else' moment.

My favorite & quite possibly one of the top most immature things I have done is: I went on a group date in high school and we decided to go to the mall, put gum on the bottom of quarters, stick them on the ground and video tape people trying to pick them up, while we were incognito. It was hilarious. We just sat there and watched people, 1st- get excited cuz they found a quarter on the ground, 2nd- try to pick it up, 3rd- be disgusted and slightly embarrassed once they found there was gum and that they fell for a stupid trick.

Then just yesterday, I was sitting at a red light, watching the girl behind me in my rear view mirror. She was pouring the water out of her water bottle. Then she was just swinging it around, waiting for the light, when she dropped it. She instantly freaked out and started pounding on her steering wheel. Then I watched her debate whether to get out of her car and pick it up or not. It was quite comical, I could see her talking to herself about the debate.

So I wanna hear it. Don't be shy, I know you want to & I know you have funny, awkward moments of people watching & getting caught people watching......

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh okay I have to share this. I was waiting in my car in the parking lot at Cafe Rio. I was parked a ways away. Another girl (probably around 20 ish) came out of Cafe Rio and got in her car. She started picking her nose like A LOT...digging for gold or something...I just sat and watched her b/c it was just out of control...then she did exactly what I was waiting for...SHE ATE IT! I started screaming in my car. This 20 year old eating her boogies! Still to this day one of the most classic people watching story for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say "still to this day one of the most classic people watching STORIES..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA. I once when on a date just like that... hmmm... lol. I miss those days! That was seriously SO funny. I like to people watch too. The Subway in NYC was my favorite. It's like everyone has a story and I sit there and try to figure it out. Ry and I still talk about a guy we saw in the subway pouring beer into his coffee. WIERD! lol. I miss you and your randomness!! loves! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm TOTALLY a people watcher. that's what I spent 99% of my time doing at byu. You think Time Square has interesting people? what about cloak boy!

    SOOOO majorly excited for you! Congrats on your little boy....who is now the size of.....an apple?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sly enough to poeple watch. I would be way too awkward and get so easily.

    And, I just read you're having a boy! How fun. I remember talking to you about names, but now I can't remember what name you were thinking about! You wanna remind me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha that is pretty dang funny! oh man, this one time I was cruisin down I-15 to go visit my family and I go to pass this dude and it kinda looked like he was doing something funky cause he was leaned over really far looking into his rear-view mirror. . . As I'm passing him I look over and sure enough the dude is shaving his head with an electric razor while driving down the freeway!! It made me laugh so hard! He must have felt me watching him or something cause he looks over and sees me laughing and he started laughing too, it was great

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by :)