Monday, January 21, 2013

always try and follow with a good day...

Last Thursday was a way less than awesome day. Well it actually started out good and then this mama right here failed. We went to basketball like we always do on Thursday mornings and that was good, but then after we got home and lydia got her nap, well..... I kind of neglected my kids.

The whole Manti Te'o story was everywhere and I was following it from tons of different places, listening to interviews. Warren, poor warren, it was one of those days where I put show on after show on for him because I was trying to "concentrate". haha really?! They got fed and all the essentials taken care of and then 5:00 came around. I had to leave in half and hour to go for one of my church callings and Seth wasn't home from work yet. I started to panic realizing I had just wasted away almost 3 hours doing NOTHING productive. And I still have to make dinner. Pesto pizza was on my list for that week so I thought I'd whip that up real quick. (It honestly only takes about 25 minutes to make, start to finish) But that's for 1 pizza. I needed to make 2. (We're big eaters around here) Well I started and it was complete chaos trying to make the pizza and make sure my two littles weren't destroying the house and each other.

It was one of those days where Warren could have used a nap and turns into a terror at 5 pm. Well, it was 5 and I was trying to make dinner and lydia was tired and hungry. And Seth wasn't going to be home in time for me to leave without taking the kids with me. Warren had been playing with some decorative letters I had pulled out from storage and I had asked him many times to not throw them. He was insistent on playing with them. (This kid is stubborn and persistent when he wants something) Totally my fault that I didn't just put them away but of course he threw one, so....I spanked him. Totally out of angry reaction. Then he threw it again aaaannnndddd it broke. I yelled, "Warren!" in a frusterated voice. He knew and started sobbing and ran to time out.

I don't make it a habit to spank. I don't like to, but it was one of those days where I wasted away time and felt crappy and then took out my laziness and procrastination on my kids.

After I talked to Warren and apologized for spanking him I was pulling the pizza out of the oven and I burnt myself, dropped the pizza and it flipped upside down onto the oven door. Karma?

I had to leave right then so I left the toppings on the oven door and saved the crust. Luckily my parents showed up and I was able to have them keep Lydia, but Warren oh Warren- he was SCREAMING to go with me. So I just took him with. I'd rather me have to deal with his crying instead of my parents :)

I totally realized I dropped the ball and everything was crazy because of me! Seth came and got Warren and when I got home the house was clean! I was so grateful.

Friday I was determined to make up for that less than awesome day. I spent time playing with my kids while deep cleaning and letting Warren help me sweep and mop the floor. May not seem like a lot but he LOVES helping me do things like that and sometimes I have a hard time letting him "help" me clean ;)

It made for much happier kids and a much happier momma and I was a ton more productive. I sure am thankful for little kids that forgive easy and still love me even when I make mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. I had one of those days, or two days last week. It was rough and to top it off, brylie just says, "you're mean mom!" Ha! Love their honesty. But I guess sometimes bad days are good because they make me want to try so much harder and do so much better. Glad you had a good follow up day! Ps I loved your previous post! Good for you. It's hard to be totally honest about all of life sometimes but it's always nice to know we aren't alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No good very bad days help our good days be sweeter that's for sure

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by :)