Monday, January 23, 2012

warrens ER visit

I finally downloaded all the pics from my phone and can now catch up on posts that I've been needing to do!
Dec. 1st, Warren had his first ER trip. I'm pretty sure it was more of a traumatic experience for me than it was for him. That day I was shooting a wedding and my mom was in town and she was helping out with Warren. In between my break from shooting the wedding and reception, I was home and making dinner and hurrying around to get things together so that I could make it to the reception early. I was cooking dinner upstairs so Warren was up there with me and my mom. I ran downstairs to get some spices I needed and called for Seth to go upstairs and help my mom with Warren because he was starting to get a little crazy. Right as I said that, we heard a big crash and Warren screaming instantly. I was pretty sure he had fallen off one of the dining room chairs, I sent Seth running up there. I then followed shortly and all I saw when I walked into the kitchen was blood drips EVERYWHERE and when I looked at Warren all I saw was blood on his forehead. I thought he had cut his head open. I think I went into shock, I didn't know what to do, so I did what moms do best, I cried. haha. Seth was suprisingly calm and he's the one that gets queezy with blood. He took care of Warren and bandaged it up while I stood there running around with my head cut off and crying.
What had really happened was Warren fell backwards on the dining room chair, but he was standing up facing backwards with his fingers over the top of the chair and when he tipped, the chair smashed the top of his finger so hard that it pretty much squeezed it open and chopped off the top fat. 
I was freaking out. He needed to be taken to the ER and I needed to leave right at that moment to the reception. I was a little hysterical I think. Warren's a little mommas boy and I felt horrible leaving him when I think he might have needed me the most. My mom told me she would go with Seth to go to the ER. So they left and I left. I cried the whole way to the reception. Luckily I was shooting the wedding for one of my besties little sisters and I knew their family well. I called to say I would be a few minutes late. BUT lucky me, I ran out of gas on the way there, I wasn't even paying attention. I ended up making it there and all went well. Seth said things went okay with Warren except for the fact that he was screaming when they had to tie him down and numb his finger. They stitched the top of his finger back together and then bandaged it up. He was on some pretty good painkiller and Seth said he just fell asleep in his arms that night. It hurt my heart so bad to see him in so much pain. I think I felt pain for him for the next three days. I hate to see him hurt.

The top finger picture is 2 days after it happened. The bottom finger picture is 2 weeks after it happened and when he got his stitches out. The other two are pictures the morning after it happened with his huge bandage they put on. Poor little guy. I hope things like this don't happen that often in this little guys life!

The doggie they gave him at the hospital and then sitting on the culprit chair with my mom.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that is crazy crazy!!!! Poor little guy...it looks like it's healing very nicely though! :-) And congrats on the birth of your baby girl...oh she is just beautiful!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janica, those pictures look so awful. I can't imagine how hard that must have been--I don't know how I'd react if it was my little girl getting rushed to the ER. Scary! I'm glad he's okay now.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by :)